#142. The Counselor - Ridley Scott
I’m still trying to get my thoughts together so in order to tell you how much I love this movie I’m going to pull two quotes from Andrew O’Hehir’s review in which he describes it as “the worst movie ever made”
Instead of having sex or even talking about sex — the dynamics of the scene might call for Diaz to tell Cruz exactly what she’d like to do to her, but not do it — the two women talk around the idea of talking about sex.
…the secret sauce is the movie’s certainty that it contains meaning or has something to say, when it’s really more like the nihilistic erasure of meaning.
- i-wish--i-were-lily-collins reblogged this from kristenswig
- childlikeenthusiasm reblogged this from kristenswig and added:
- strangeapparition likes this
- santaclouse likes this
- cristalconnors likes this
- deanmorriarty likes this
- howmerryfrench likes this
- fun-dad likes this
- patrickkdel likes this
- kristenswig posted this